sUAS Operators Course 04/18/22
Virtual (online) classroom for FAA testing preparation begins March 18, 2022
**California POST Certified**
The Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Operators Course is 48 hours of instruction designed to provide organizations with the knowledge and skills necessary to create and/or maintain an aviation program based on unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) platforms.
- Prepare for, then take, the FAA UAG 107 test (included in tuition)
- Identify and explain agency-specific mission sets
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS safety management system
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS maintenance program
- Explain UAS operations and limitations
- Create or modify a UAS training program
- Demonstrate the ability to apply for Public Use Certificates of Authorization and waivers under Part 107
- Demonstrate the ability to operate a UAV in basic mission sets
Each student will receive a minimum of 12 hours of flight instruction and log at least 3 hours of actual flight time. Successful students will return to their respective organizations as certified operators with all the information required for a fully developed program ready for management review.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA Remote Pilot Airman Certificate is achieved by successfully completing the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test. LACRTC has partnered with FAA testing centers to include the FAA test as part of this course (test fee is included in the tuition).
Course Length: 8 hours online and 5 days in class (48 hours total)
POST Approval: #1287-20266
Cost/Tuition: $1,550.00 (includes FAA 107 exam fee)
Max Class Size: 25 Students
Student Requirements: None
Recommended For: sUAS Operators and Supervisors / Policy and Program Creation
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center operates out of a secured facility. Please bring a photo ID with you to your first day of class. Please park in the area indicated below.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Your information will not be shared with third party providers of any kind or utilized for purposes outside of updates regarding our training courses and offerings. For additional information please see our Terms & Conditions.